Hi there, welcome to The Village!
The community forum feature of The Village and all Epworth social media platforms are a place where you can connect with others, share tips, learn or ask advice from people going through the same thing. You don’t need to be an Epworth patient to participate, everyone is welcome here, but there are some guidelines around how we communicate with each other.
If you do happen to be an Epworth patient and need customer service, or have a specific question about your care then please contact us directly.
To make sure our social media communities are safe and fun places for everyone, we have some guidelines you need to follow:
- Be nice and respect other people’s opinions. They may be pretty different to your own and that’s okay. Everyone has the right to feel welcome at Epworth and included in this community.
- Be kind to yourself. No topic is off limits, so steer clear of any posts that might be a trigger or be too upsetting for you.
- Search for your questions before starting a new topic. Someone might have already started a conversation on the same topic.
- Stay on topic. When you join a topic thread, stick to the topic that’s being discussed. Start a new thread for a new topic.
- Share your knowledge. If you think you may be able to help another member or contribute then we’d love you to post it!
- Stick to one account per person. If you’re unable to login for some reason, please get in touch rather than creating a new account.
- If someone has helped you, click ‘like’. Never ask for ‘likes’ or manipulate the community to gain more ‘likes’ for yourself. This includes making more than one community profile.
- Don’t post patient details or confidential information online. Contact Epworth directly if you have a question about your care. Always call 000 in an emergency.
- Don’t swear or post offensive content. This community will be accessed by people of all ages and backgrounds, so please refrain from excessive swearing or posting content that might offend people.
- Spam, sales and trolling isn't okay. Spam, whether it be from a robot or human, will be deleted. We promote a safe, supportive community, so comments from trolls will also be deleted along with sales or self-promotion posts.
- Report anything inappropriate. If you come across someone who’s posting offensive or inappropriate content or purposely bringing others down, please report it to us so that we can follow it up.
The moderators reserve the right to remove any posts or comments at any time, without notice or explanation.
Please sign in to leave a comment.