Travelling with a health condition can be tough, but if you decide to go on a trip, there are some ways you can make sure your health is covered on holidays:
- Talk to your healthcare professional about your trip so that they can make sure you have enough medication to last the trip and advise where to get treatment.
- Get a letter from your doctor outlining your condition, recent blood results and any treatment/ medications you're on.
- Know your local hospitals and emergency departments and the services they offer.
- Plan your ongoing treatment, for example, if you know you'll need dialysis while you're away, call up and let them know you'll be visiting and what treatment you require.
- Find out what your health insurance covers you for and what you need to do if something happens.