Before your stay in hospital, you should:
- Complete your admission form. Rehab patients don't need to complete this step.
- Contact your private health insurer to ask what you are covered for including any out-of-pocket expenses.
- Discuss your planned procedure, expected outcomes, any associated risks, alternatives and recovery with your specialist. Ask if rehab is likely to be required following your procedure and how long you will stay in hospital. Ask for instructions on fasting and stopping medications.
- Know what to bring and what not to bring to hospital.
- Report to the main reception on the day and time you've been advised.