The FAST test is a quick way to check someone for symptoms of stroke, this involves:
- Face: Smile! Does one side of their face droop?
- Arms: Raise both arms - is one higher than the other? Do they have a hard time holding one up?
- Speech: Repeat a short, simple sentence, like "Mary had a little lamb". Do they slur their words? Is it hard to understand them?
- Time: If any of these are "yes", go straight to hospital.
- Call 000: You will need to be taken to an emergency department.
Learn about managing your risk of having a stroke here.