If you've experienced some of the following symptoms for two weeks or more, it's time to seek advice from a healthcare professional:
- Low mood.
- Feeling inadequate .
- Often feeling close to tears or crying a lot.
- Feeling angry, irritable or resentful.
- Fear for the baby and/or fear of the baby.
- Fear of being alone or going out.
- Loss of interest in things you would normally enjoy.
- Insomnia or excessive sleep, having nightmares.
- Appetite changes.
- Feeling unmotivated and unable to cope with daily routine.
- Withdrawing from social contact and/or not looking after yourself or baby properly.
- Decreased energy.
- Having trouble thinking clearly or making decisions, lack of concentration and poor memory.
- Having thoughts about harming yourself or your baby.
If you're worried, seek help from a healthcare professional, LifeLine (13 11 14) and always call 000 in an emergency.