There are many ways of preparing for and managing early parenthood so that you can make the most of it and minimise stress. Here are some tips:
- Remember to consider your own needs.
- Looking after yourself is looking after the baby.
- While you may receive a lot of advice from people and books, work out what works for you and your baby.
- Ask for help and accept help, even before you really need it.
- Try not to spend all day in your pyjamas.
- Where possible, try not to make major life changes like moving house or changing jobs late in pregnancy .
- If you're experienced mental health problems before, discuss with your health professional.