Breast milk with a small amount of alcohol is still generally better for your baby than artificial baby milk. You should talk to a healthcare professional about your circumstances, but you could considering doing the below:
- Express milk ahead of your night out.
- Express and freeze milk just in case.
- If you miss a feed, express milk and throw it away to help you feel more comfortable.
- Your baby may not sleep as well as usual.
- Arrange for someone who isn't drinking to look after your baby.
- Don't sleep with your baby if you (or anyone else in the bed) are affected by alcohol.
Be aware that:
- You may not be able to take care of your baby properly if you're affected by alcohol.
- Your baby may be slower to reach developmental milestones.
- Alcohol may decrease the flow of your milk and thus reduce your supply.