If you have one to two standard drinks a day, then time the drinks to have the least effect on your baby. Breastfeed your baby before you drink, eat before and while drinking and alternate alcohol with non-alcoholic drinks. You may also:
- Express milk ahead of your night out.
- Express and freeze milk just in case.
- If you miss a feed, express milk and throw it away to help you feel more comfortable.
- Your baby may not sleep as well as usual.
- Arrange for someone who isn't drinking to look after your baby.
- Don't sleep with your baby if you (or anyone else in the bed) are affected by alcohol.