If your healthcare professional determines that you don't have a sleep condition and are simply not getting enough sleep, there are some basic things you can do that may help:
- Getting to bed at a regular time each night.
- Making sure your bedroom is dark, quiet and cool.
- Resetting your body clock each day by getting out in bright light or daylight exposure in the mornings.
- Avoiding stimulates such as caffeine in the afternoon and evenings.
- Minimising alcohol consumption.
You can find more tips here.