Medication errors may sound harmless, but mistakes in dispensing and taking medication can cause serious injury
Follow some of these tips to help reduce your risk of making a medication error:
- Talk to your GP to understand the effects of the use of multiple medications.
- Never mix Alcohol or illicit drugs or over-the-counter medications with prescription medication.
- Keep medications well-stored and avoid mixing old stock with new or the medication of different household members.
- Discard out-of-date medication.
- Keep an up-to-date list of your current medications and ideally source them from one pharmacy.
- Keep your Digital Health Record up-to-date, if you have one.