Here are some tips to keep your child safe from falls:
- Ensure your little ones are supervised at all times.
- Use a full-body (5-point) safety harness in prams, strollers, high chairs and shopping carts.
- Use sensor lights and baby-guards for stairs.
- Try non-skid rubber mats in the bath and shower areas.
- Bunk-beds should only be used by children over 9 years old.
- Make sure swings and play equipment have a soft-fall material underneath to a depth of 300mm.
- Move furniture away from windows.