- To reduce nausea drink two litres of fluid on the day prior to chemotherapy, and drink at least one litre per day post-treatment.
- Rinse your mouth at least twice a day.
- Use the bathroom prior to chemotherapy.
- For fatigue - try and take a daily walk.
- To help with short-term memory and concentration, complete a crossword/sudoku etc.
Be aware of your temperature, if you feel too hot or cold take your temperature. If your temperature is above 38˚C call your nurse coordinator, oncologist, or go directly to the emergency department.